Friday, March 20, 2020

Covid-19 distancing...what are you reading??

To get our online communication started, and give everyone a chance to get used to this site...

Just tell us what your reading in the next few weeks! Is it a new author? More books in a series of someone we spoke to or read?  Tell us a little about the book, what you like about it...but NO SPOILERS!

As we go forward and choose a book to discuss then I will give dates that we can talk about anything, spoilers included....

I need to catch up on the last 2-3 books b Sherry Harris...the Sarah Winston yard sale series...I really like it!

Ready....Go!

5 comments:

  1. Rereading on Libby the Jo Nesbo Series with Harry Hole. Anyone know how to search for a specific title on Simply E? The online access to NYC/NYS libraries. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed Deborah Crombie’s Skype but loved the book. I started the series and finished #7.
    Mary M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am starting at the beginning of the series of Deborah Crombie. I've just finished number 3 and now am reading a couple non-fiction books: Just Mercy and Educated; really good. I'll switch back to mysteries after that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since March 15, I've read or re-read the following:
    The Janus Stone, the second Ruth Galloway mystery by Elly Griffiths (highly recommended!);
    And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie (as good as I remembered);
    Murder at the Savoy, the sixth Martin Beck mystery by Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo, the "grandparents" of Scandinavian noir police procedurals (a good one!); and
    The Deep Blue Good-By, the first Travis McGee mystery by John D. MacDonald (my parents liked this series in the '60s - but contemporary feminists might find Trav's rescue of damsels in distress a little irritating - I did!).

    ReplyDelete